When can the insurance contract be cancelled?
You will find below the list of cases on the basis of which the insurance contract can be cancelled.
A. When can you cancel the contract (as the policyholder)?
1. You can cancel the insurance contract on the renewal date. To do this, you must notify us in writing at least 2 months before this renewal date in accordance with Article L 113-12 of the Insurance Code;
2. You can terminate the insurance contract if we change the price or the terms and conditions. In this case, we apply the legal provisions and deadlines. If these changes affect you, you will be notified;
3.You can also cancel the insurance contract after a claim or after the insurer has cancelled another contract you have ended with them after a claim. You have 1 (one) month to do so from the payment or refusal to pay the compensation. The insurance contract will then end 1 month after sending your registered letter in accordance with Article R 113-10 of the Insurance Code;
4.You can cancel the insurance contract if the insured bicycle has been sold, transferred, given away, stolen or destroyed without you being responsible. The insurance contract ends when you inform us in writing that the bicycle has been definitively sold, transferred, stolen or destroyed. The premiums collected will be refunded to you in proportion to the length of time you've been at risk.
5. You can, at the end of a period of one year from the first subscription date of this contract, cancel your contract without any charges or penalties. The cancellation takes effect one month after the manager has received notification, by letter or any other suitable means. In this case, you are only required to pay the premium portion corresponding to the period during which the risk was covered, this period being calculated from the effective date until the cancellation date.
The contract is also automatically cancelled if the insurer loses its authorisation, under the terms of Article L. 326-12 of the Insurance Code.
B. When can we cancel the insurance contract?
1. We can cancel the insurance contract on any renewal date. In this case, we will notify you at least 2 months in advance by registered letter.
2. We may, following a claim, cancel the insurance contract no later than one month after payment or refusal to pay compensation. The cancellation is then effective 1 month after the notification date in accordance with Article R 113-10 of the Insurance Code.
3. We can cancel the insurance contract following non-payment of the premium in accordance with Article L113-3 of the Insurance Code. If you don't pay the premium, we'll send you a reminder. If you still do not pay, you will receive a formal notice from us by registered letter. If you do not pay within the period stipulated in the letter, the insurance contract is cancelled.
4. In the event of any omissions or inaccuracies in the declaration of risk at the time of subscription, or during the contract if it is noted before any claim, we will refund the portion of the premium paid for the time when the insurance is no longer active, in accordance with article L 113-9 of the Insurance Code.
5. In accordance with Article L. 121-10 of the Insurance Code, we can cancel the contract in the event of transferring the ownership of the bicycle to a third party. Qover - Rue du Commerce, 31 - 1000 Brussels, Belgium - Qover S.A. - Non-tied insurance agent - FSMA under number 0650.939.878 - RPM 0650.939.878. 11
In the event of an early cancellation by either parties, the premium amount corresponding to a period not covered, between the effective cancellation date and the term initially scheduled, will be refunded.
All the conditions can be found by following this link